In the changingscenario, development of human potential is the backbone of any developing society. As the Institution provides a platform to nurture and create the talent for future, House System with the name of“सहोदरा-The Daughters of Same Mother” has been introducedon 9th February, 2018for streamlining various activities to be taken up and giving space to students to develop all aspects of their growth and learning.The House System provides opportunities for college students to develop all aspects of their growth and learning: personality, morality, creativity, knowledge and skills. The system promotes values of cultural heritage of India- ‘unity in diversity & vasudhaiv kutumbkam’, it promotes teamwork, nationalism, mutualism, self-discipline, self-governance,initiative, perseverance, resilience among students. Participation in House activities contributes to dedicationand excellence in academic, social, sporting and cultural fields. Keeping in viewthe above saidintroduction,the purpose has been outlined:PURPOSE:
- Building team work and cohesiveness among the students
- Platform to showcase their talent through various activities
- Enhancing administrative qualities
- Developing sense of healthy competitiveness
- Enhancing discipline in the college through students
- Promoting the Indian culture, moral values and humanity among students
- Personality development programmes
- Sports activities and Cultural programmes onregular basis and annual fest
- Various social work to help women, children and senior citizens
- Enhancing cleanliness and sanitation through house volunteers
- Represent college,at state and national level
- Increase level of awareness about various Government programmes and International issues of concern,to make students ready for better jobs/roles
- The students are to be divided into 4 Groups :
- Students of each and every department will be categorized and distributed into Four Houses.Later on, from new session students will be allocated to a particular house just after admission in the college
- Each house will have an Administrative Body of its own. It shall comprise of:
- House Captain-1
- Cabinet Members-10
- The Administrative Bodies are to be elected .(IN HOUSE ELECTION)
- House meetings are to be held on monthly basis to discuss about various issues and duties assigned
- Duties of monitoring discipline and all kind affairs in the college premises are to be assigned for one month to the house by rotation. House on duty shall be responsible to maintain discipline and all kind of affairs on the college campus for that month. It may include:
- Wearing of I-Card
- Maintaining Cleanliness in the College
- Maintaining Environment and Natural Resources in the College
- Carrying out various awareness programmes and social work etc.
- All the competitions held in the college will take place under the umbrella of Houses. The winners will get points according to their positions and performances. At the end of the year, the points will be totaled and the house with maximum points shall be declared winner for that year
- The administrative bodies of different houses can be given other assignments such as awarenessprogrammes, community services, social work etc. also, if the college authorities feel so.
- Monitoring of house activities is to be done by Professors who are assigned with this responsibility
- For the Academic Session 2018-19 following Professors will be assigned with the same:
|1||Ms. Nidhi Singh||Psychology||Co-Convener|
|2||Ms. Ranjana Yadav||Philosophy||Member|
|3||Ms. Sonu Rani||Physics||Member|
|4||Dr. Rajni||Home Science||Member|
|5||Dr. Madhu Manjari||Hindi||Member|
|6||Dr. Snehlata Bharti||Psychology||Member|
|1||Dr. Sweta Sharan||Economics||Co-Convener|
|3||Ms. Preeshika Raj||Political Sc.||Member|
|4||Ms. Kavita Lakhiyar||History||Member|
|5||Dr. Manish Kr. Verma||Physics||Member|
|2||Dr. Santoshi Bhawani Mishra||English||Member|
|3||Dr. Suchita Arpan||Philosophy||Member|
|4||Dr. Kavita Kumari||Home Science||Member|
|5||Ms. Apurva Paul||English||Member|
|1||Dr. Amrita Prasad||Chemistry||Co-Convener|
|2||Dr. Madhu Kr. Gupta||Chemistry||Member|
|3||Dr. Priti Mishra||Physics||Member|
|4||Ms Ranjana Yadav||Philosophy||Member|
|5||Ms. Swati Sandhya||Physics||Member|
HOUSE-WISE ALLOTMENT OF COLOR SYMBOL:Colors play a very important role in human lives, whether we realize it or not. They have the ability to affect our emotions, moods, our actionsand how we respond to various people, things and ideas. Keeping this view in mind a particular color is marked and allotted for each which are given below:
- MAITRI HOUSE has been allotted Yellow Color. Yellow is cheerful and energetic colour. Yellow stands for happiness, freshness, positivity, clarity, energy, optimism, enlightenment, remembrance, intellect, loyalty and honour. The colour yellow is related to learning. It represents youth, fun, joy, sunshine and other happy feelings. It inspires thought and curiosity and it is creative from mental point of view, so the colour gives new ideas to our students.
- PRAGATI HOUSE has been allottedGreen Color. Greendenotes life, renewal, nature, and energy which is associated with growth, progress, harmony, freshness, fertility and environment.
- SAMRIDDHI HOUSE has been allotted Blue Color. Blue is the color of the sky and sea. It is associated with depth and stability. It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth and heaven.
House System:The Magadh Mahila College has four houses, signifying four values, namely, Jagriti, Maitri, Pragati and Samriddhi. Each house has their Song, Motto and Objectives based on the name of the house.
The houses are headed by Principal, Convener and Incharge Faculty from the educators’ side and by the Captains, Vice-Captains and Volunteers from the students’ side. Every month a house is on duty by rotation and looks after the discipline, conduct, environment, sanitation, clearing and overall supervision on the campus of the college throughout the month.
Inter-House Activities:The House Coordinating Committee organizes and executes various academics, cultural, co-curricular, extra-curricular, recreational and sports Inter-House competitions during the academic year. All the norms for participation of students are informed well in advance and the winning students contributes points to their house concerned.
Annual Sports Meet:Two-day long Inter-House Annual Sports Meet of the college will be held in the month of December every year along with the Republic Day Celebration. The Inaugural Ceremony of the Sports Meet begins with March-Past, Mass-Drill, and different cultural performances in the presence of Chief Guest, Dignitaries, Parents and Students. Various Field and Track Events, Team Events, and Games takes place and a very pleasant and exciting atmosphere is created all over the Campus. During the event the updated point summary is displayed on the Notice Board by positioning House Flags.
House Trophies:During the Annual Function of the College the House Trophies of the year are declared in the following areas based on the points scored by the houses in various activities held during the year:
- Best House in Academics
- Best House in Cultural Activities
- Best House in Co-curricular / Extra-curricular Activities
- Best House in Sports Activities
- Best House of the Year