Library Services Layout
Assistant Library Incharge : Dr. Bhawana Singh (Asst. Professor (Guest Faculty), Department of History)
- Year of establishment : 1946
- Shifted in New Building : 1990
|Books||Number Of Books|
|Books in Central Library||1,55,643|
|Central Library Journals/ Periodicals/Magazines||13|
|Central library Newspapers||05|
|Books in B.Com. & BBA Library||4821|
|Books in BCA Library||4734|
|Books in BSW Library||381|
|Books in Library Economics PG||1147|
|Books in Departmental Libraries||5005|
|Total — 1, 72006|
|1.||Ragini Kumari||M.Lib. & Info. Sc. , M.A (Philosophy), DCA, e-Library||Librarian|
|2.||Moni Kumari||B.Lib. & Info. Sc. , B.A (Political Sc. Hons) DCA||Library Assistant|
|3.||Moina Khatoon||Non Matriculation||Class IV|
Library remains open from 9.30 am. to 4.30 PMon all working days.LIBRARY MEMBERSHIP :
Magadh Mahila College library has an academic library to meet the need of the students and teaching staff of the college. The new members in 2017 are 1,486 students of which 322 are vocational and 1,164 are from the general section.HIGHLIGHTS OF LIBRARY :
- e-libraryServices : The library has an open and fullyautomated accession system and lease line facility with the 100 Mbps internet connection to search any kind of books and journal very quickly. The library has installed KOHA software from INFLIBNET(Information and Library Network)
- Library card holder Students, Teaching and Non-teaching Staff are allowed internet surfing for downloading studymaterial.
- Students are using OPAC forsearching Books
- CIRCULATION SERVICES : The Issue counter, from where the users can issue 3 General books and B.A, B.Sc. and PG Students can issue 2 additional T.B.L. books at a time for a 15th day through Library Automation Software (KOHA) and Return on Return Counter.
- THE TECHNICAL SERVICES : The Technical section of the library provides classification and cataloguing services.
- REFERENCE SERVICES : The Central Library has a spacious Reading Room with a seating capacity of 105.
- JOURNAL/ MAGAZINES SERVICES : The library has Journal/ national Journals and Local Magazines. Employment News, English and Hindi Newspapers are also available.
- BINDING SERVICES : The library has binding section where previous years Journals and Magazines are covered. If further conservation of the book is required then binding section fulfilsit.
- XEROX SERVICES : The Library has Xerox section where students and Staffcan take the Xeroxcopy of Books, Magazines and Documents. Printing facilities are available after payment in special cases.
- SEPARATE COMPUTER WITH ADEQUATE SOFTWARE FOR VISUALLY CHALLENGED STUDENT.
Name and Designation
ISSUE OF BOOKS
|CATEGORY OF MEMBERS||NO. OF BOOKS ENTITLED|
|Post Graduate Students||4|
|Faculty members||5 – 10|