The Department of Political Science came into existence in the Year 1946 since the inception of this college. Honours teaching started in the year 1976. Mrs. Bhagwati Singh (1946-56) was the founder Head of the Department. Subsequently Dr Sarojini Sharan (1956-77), Mrs. Annapurna Devi (1977-94), Dr. Niroj Sinha (1994-99), and Dr. Lila Sinha (1999-2005) were designated as heads of the Department. Dr. Niroj Sinha was later elevated as the Principal of the College in the year 1999. Present head, Dr Shashi Sharma took over charge as Head of the Department in August, 2005. The Department started Postgraduate teaching from the Session 1984-1986 and continued till 1992.
The ‘Remedial Coaching at Undergraduate level for SCs/ STs OBC, and Minority Communities’ students under UGC scheme, has been started by the Department since December,2010 .The’ Students’ Counseling Centre’ has been established in September 2011, which serves all students of the College. The Department has planed to publish a monthly News Bulletin ‘Self Expression-Ek Abhivyakti’. All teachers of the Department are sincerely engaged in scholarly pursuit.
The Department has been maintaining its reputation of high standard and discipline since its inception. Academic as well as extracurricular performance of our students is consistently good and some of them have secured good ranks in the university examinations. The UGC also appreciated the achievements of the department and allocated substantial grant under XI plan.
- Social Science
- Fine Arts
- Vocational (Computer Application)
- Course Material