Code of Ethics
Code of Ethics to Check Malpractices and Plagiarism in Research The institution is committed to producing and promoting research and
scholarship of the highest order, unadulterated with plagiarism and other unethical practices, all this, while endeavouring to maintain academic freedom and innovation. The college invites its teachers and students to abide by the highest standards of integrity in their conduct of academic research and/or support to academic research activities, which include the following:
- No form of plagiarism allowed. Plagiarism takes many forms viz. “passing off” another’s paper as one’s own, copying or paraphrasing substantial parts of
another’s work without due acknowledgement, and claiming credit for another’s research;
- Use of appropriate plagiarism checks- both manual and technical – such as, use of software to catch instances of plagiarism during review;
- In the event of the teachers/students attending/participating in any conference, permission must be sought from the Principal, highlighting the purpose of the
- Many of our faculty members serve as reviewers on editorial boards of many prestigious journals, and adhere to the strictest standards to ensure good quality publications.
- Our college also organizes conferences and seminars on pressing issues calling for academic inquiry, and while selecting papers for the same, places strong emphasis on the standard of research, original thought and expression, and multiple layers of review.
- We also keep our teachers and students informed of appropriate guidelines for publication in various journals, including those recognized by the UGC;
- Our library is stocked with renowned journals from the world over, acting as a mirror for quality research and writing, for our teachers and students – a veritable
tool that they can employ by emulating the standards of these publications.
COLLEGE academic rules, regulation & general code of conduct
The Magadh Mahila College administration takes step for the better career building of students for which full cooperation from the students and their guardians is expected. The students admitted to this College are directed to abide by the following Rules /Regulations / General Code of Conduct:
- Proper discipline has to be maintained within the College Premises.
- It is mandatory for the students to be in uniform and put on the Identity Card inside the Campus.
- Students should strictly maintain silence in the Main Building Corridor
- All fess must be paid as per the schedule, otherwise fine will be charged.
- Students should be regular and punctual in attending Theory and Practical classes.
- 75% attendance in both Theory and Practical Classes is compulsory.
- No student shall be allowed to appear in the University Examinations unless all her dues is cleared and she has declared ‘SENT-UP’ by the departmental committee.
- Any student found misbehaving or caught adopting unfair practices during examination is liable for immediate expulsion from the examination hall and proper action will be taken against such students as per the rules of Patna University.
- Use of Mobile Phone is strictly prohibited inside the campus. A fine of Rs. 1000/- will be levied if students are found using it.
- It is necessary to switch off all the fans and lights after the class is over.
- Use of polythine inside the College Premises is prohibited.
- Keep the College Campus clean
- Save water, Save life, Save Planet
- Don’t waste drinking water. It is necessary to close water tap after use
- College furniture-like Chairs, Desks, Benches or Podium should not be removed from its proper place and not be made dirty.
- It is mandatory for all students to take part in Extra-curricular and Co-curricular activities.
- Bi-cycle, Scooter etc. shall be parked and locked only in the area provided for this purpose.
- Students are directed not to take part in any type of ‘Dharna’ ‘Pradarshan’ and ‘Hartal’, “which affect the educational environment of the College and the University.
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited. It is a punishable offence. Students involved in ragging may face expulsion from the college and university. Legal action may also be taken against them. Effected students may contact any member of the ‘Students Grievance Redressal Cell’ & “Anti-Ragging Cell” regarding any complain of ragging. They must also submit a written complaint regarding the same at the earliest in the Principal’s Office
- The Management reserves the right to change any Rules / Regulations and provision given in the Display Board at short notice